VOP Statistics in Florida for 2013 – 2014
The Probation Services Division of the Florida Department of Corrections publishes statistics each year. The Community Correctsions Facts and Figures for FY 2013 – 2014 show:
- Probation Officers collected more than $72 million from probationers in restitution and other costs in FY 2013-14;
- 143,809 offenders were supervised by Probation Officers on June 30, 2014;
- Average cost per day to supervise an offender on community supervision (without electronic monitoring): $5.00 or $1,825.00 per year;
- As of June 30, 2014 the statewide successful completion rate was 56.4%;
- 11,593 (13.2%) were terminated due to court/ Florida Commission on Offender Review action;
- 19,347 (22.1%) were revoked due to a technical violation;
- 13,925 (15.9%) were revoked due to a new arrest;
- 40,334 (46.1%) successfully completed supervision;
- 87,533 offenders were released from supervision;
- 86,369 offenders were admitted to supervision;
- Offenders on supervision completed 1,370,839 hours of community service in FY 2013-14.
Index to Statistics & Publications – Find the annual reports, the sentencing reports, the reports on sentencing scoresheet compliances, budgets, recidivism rates and annual statistics for FY 95-95 to FY 13-14.