Case Results for Sex Abuse Cases
Many of our clients ask the same question – “What kinds of cases have you taken in the past and what was the outcome in those cases?” If you would like to view the case results listed below, please read the following disclaimer:
- The facts and circumstances of your case may differ from the facts and circumstances discussed here.
- Not all case results are listed here or provided.
- The case results discussed here are not necessarily representative of the results obtained in all cases.
- Each case is different and must be evaluated and handled on its own merit.
Click here to see more cases result or our case results in DUI cases which are listed separately.
Sexual Battery Charges Dropped Before Trial
On March 18, 2022, the State Attorney’s Office filed a “NOTICE OF NOLLE PROSEQUI” that effectively dropped all charges against our client who had been charged with:
- 810.021(B)(2)(a) – BURG0002 (FP) BURGLARY OF an OCCUPIED DWELLING WITH ASSAULT OR BATTERY, a felony punishable by life in prison; and
- 7940114B – SEXU4901 (FF) SEXUAL BATTERY BY PERSON 18 OR OLDER ON A VICTIME 18 OR OLDER (SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES), a first degree felony.
Just a few weeks prior to the notice of nolle prosequi being filed, the Court denied the State’s Motion in Limine to prevent the defense from presenting evidence that the alleged victim had fabricated a factual similar allegation of rape against another man under very similar circumstances just a few months prior to the accusations in this case. The court also granted our motion to argue at trial, pursuant to § 794.022(2), Fla. Stat., that same “Reverse Williams Rule” evidence. Shortly thereafter, the prosecutor dropped the charges.
NOT GUILTY Jury Verdict on a First Degree Felony (Punishable by Life with a 25 Year Min Man)
This article was last updated on Wednesday, December 12, 2019.